Powered by WebAds

Friday, February 04, 2011

Sandmonkey arrested and freed

For those wondering what happened to the Sandmonkey.
Events in Egypt are moving fast—and deteriorating faster. Here is the text of a post by Sandmonkey, the leading Egyptian blogger, who was arrested today, beaten, and then released. He recently tweets: “I am ok. I got out. I was ambushed & beaten by the police, my phone confiscated , my car ripped apar& supplies taken. will tell the story later . Thank you all. I just need to rest now. I am humbled by you all. Thank you so much. I am trying to get a decent computer to write it all. Please don’t respond to my phone or BBM. This isn’t me. My phone was confiscated by a thug of an officer who insults those who call.” The link to his blog may not work if the Government of Egypt has cut it off. [Also, here’s the transcript of a live chat on the subject of events in Egypt I did recently at the Washington Post.]
More here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Blogger Iron Chef Kosher! said...

Thank you fort keeping us informed - I pray he & his family come through this ok - heck, I'm, praying for all of Egypt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google