Powered by WebAds

Monday, June 14, 2010

Rabbi who outed Thomas a mugged liberal?

Remember Rabbi David Nesenoff, the guy with the flip video camera who outed Helen Thomas' anti-Semitism? Now he's confused over having brought the Code Pink fundraiser's career to an end. It seems that's not what he intended to do (Hat Tip: Shy Guy). This is from an interview with him on CNN:
HOWARD KURTZ: Did you have any idea when you took out that video camera and asked Helen Thomas that question that she was hostile toward Israel?

RABBI DAVID NESENOFF, RABBILIVE.COM: I didn’t approach her thinking that. Now that I see a lot of things in the news, I certainly can review and see that she’s had a lot of different thoughts, but, of course, there might be anti-Israel or pro-Palestinian. That’s very different than anti-Semitic and anti-Jewish and wanting to cleanse a piece of land, so, up until this point, this is just an individual who is pro-Palestinian. People should look out for the Palestinian rights. Everybody should look out for everybody’s rights, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

KURTZ: As you know, Helen Thomas has been a longtime institution here in the capital, she’s a heroine to many female journalists, and some people are blaming you for ending her career.

NESENOFF: Yeah, you know, I received about 25,000 hate mail, you know, emails, and, more shocking than even that, is the hate media that I’m beginning to learn about – you know, from TV and newspapers and blogs and talk shows and entertainers, and they’re accusing me of being some right-wing ambusher, and have to, it kind of rocked my world a little because I have to kind of reevaluate my life and my standing and the agendas because, yeah, I’m a New York Democrat Jewish liberal supporter of Obama, donated to his candidacy for a year, said give him a chance, give him a chance, defended, watched all these liberal media, and now I have to reevaluate totally, I have to speak, I have to now speak to people with all different agendas because if I was part of a team where their agenda was that Israel and the Jewish people don’t have a connection – which is exactly what Helen Thomas said – that there’s no connection, why are they even there-
If he sounds a little confused, it's because he is. Arutz Sheva manages to sort it out:
Nesenoff said Sunday that his background and motives had been misunderstood. Far from attempting to expose Thomas, he told CNN, he was a supporter of hers who had been unaware of her anti-Semitic views.

When he approached Thomas and asked her for her thoughts on Israel, he was not expecting her response, he said. “Of course, there might be anti-Israel or pro-Palestinian [opinion]. That's very different than anti-Semitic and anti-Jewish and wanting to cleanse a peace of land,” he explained.

Nesenoff described himself as “a New York Democrat Jewish liberal supporter of Obama” who is now reconsidering his political views in light of what has happened.

"Now I have to reevaluate totally," he said, "...because if I was part of a team where their agenda was that Israel and the Jewish people don't have a connection... I have to really reevaluate liberal and conservative and really find out where I stand, because I think I've been a little blind.”
So let's get this straight: Nesenoff supported Thomas (and Obama) because he didn't realize that they see no connection between Israel and Jews. But now that he's been mugged with 25,000 threatening emails, he is re-evaluating whether he should continue to support the liberal line.

Maybe we should send a few more moonbat Jews to interview Thomas and others like her.

Heh.

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger nomatter said...

Why call this Rabbi a "moonbat Jew" and a "mugged liberal?" I don't get it.

Do you think liberals are the only ones who need epiphanies?

You posted a thread: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=20498788&postID=7152684823116168919 "Marco Rubio calls for US to recognize Israel's capital in Jerusalem."

Carl, after 8 years of having a "friend" in the oval office whose campaign "PROMISE" was in his first week of office was to sign in the embassy act I would stupid enough to take Rubio's words any more than campaign fodder to seek the votes of Jews? Not only did Bush con me for a vote but he sealed it when he declined to send even the lowest level representative of his administration to the Anniversary of the Reunification of JERUSALEM!!

Indeed the mindset of Jewish liberals MUST change. However for that to happen conservative Jews must admit the worst antisemitism in America for decades was caused by conservatives. Jews need to not trust until proven otherwise. Period.

Epiphanies are hard to come by. Liberal moonbats are not the only ones who should be mugged.

I find myself lucky having had two epiphanies in a matter of 9 years. This is why I will only judge a candidate by what he/she does for me not because he is a conservative. In my book he or she will be judged solely on deeds not mere words and fickle promises.

George W. Bush dashed every hope I had for Jerusalem. George W. Bush in the grips of the (house of Saud) post 9-11, war on terror, post the worst intifada ever, screwed Israel over. He humiliated the Jewish faith when he spoke as a 'friend' to those whose ancestors were slaughtered in the Holocaust by embracing a certifiable denier of the Holocaust extolling him as a "MAN OF PEACE." He further insulted me when he took my tax dollars to the billions and fed the lie of the Palestinian desire for statehood post 9-11, war on terror. When the U.S trained security forces marched to the Nazi Goosestep, that spewed vomit upon the memories of those who came before me.

It was George W. Bush who formulated the quartet for peace made up of three openly hostile entities...EU,UN and Russia.(who Israel now suffers greatly for)

G-d help us. He besmirched Israel when he spoke in public forums of who Israel humiliates as occupiers of the poor Palestinians.

Oh the outrage when we see Abbas stand beneath his sanctioned libel, which depicts all of Israel, Palestinian. How quick we forget. This lovely framed depiction happened when Bush was president calling Abbas a man of peace and ZOA called upon Bush to call Abbas on it. (ha ha) Abbas still stands beneath that picture because he CAN!!

There is not a hair's breadth that the current occupier of the oval office who is an openly hostile Muslim will ever recognize Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel and Rubio and others should be ashamed for not storming the White House over that issue when the time was ripe. He and countless other conservatives declined that litmus test of real friendship so who else should be counted as stupid Jews?

I take no comfort in writing the above words. I take less comfort that Obama now resides in the Oval office. I am worried to death!! However, all this screaming from fellow conservatives against Obama's stance on Israel tells me this is more about Obama and less about Israel.
Being screwed over by the past administration taught me that.

But what the hell, "Take good care of Olmert."
George W. Bush
-----
Best read yet by Victor Davis Hanson: "Helen Thomas, Turkey, and the liberation of Israel."
http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=NmU5NDgwYWI3ZGJjMjE2M2M3Mjk0ODEzZTZhZDg4OTI

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Sunlight said...

I googled him, hoping he was URJ. He's not. He's rabbi of a conservative (USCJ) temple. Where I live, USCJ is more liberal politically than URJ is. It will be very interesting to see whether this rabbi starts to speak up and maybe influence some of these URJ and USCJ people. But I'm not holding my breath. They may just find some way to discredit him (in their own minds).

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger nomatter said...

Sunlight:
"It will be very interesting to see whether this rabbi starts to speak up and maybe influence some of these URJ and USCJ people. But I'm not holding my breath. They may just find some way to discredit him (in their own minds)."

You don't think Death Threats are enough for this Rabbi? Don't you think because of him, we got Helen Thomas??
And because we don't do blood letting these days, what more do you want from this Rabbi?

At least this Rabbi can say where he failed. At least this Rabbi opened his eyes.


If every Republican Jew were this vocal when our 'good best friend' was in office I would say this bluster has nothing to do with politics, disdain for liberalism, disdain for self hating Jews, I'm a better Jew then the next guy and most of all, self inflicted loss of voice. Sadly, it has everything to do with the above reasons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google