Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Likud's new campaign jingle

I had to turn off the sound to watch this because I'm in mourning for my father, but I hope the music is good. The words are translated into English for the Hebrew-impaired, but it's the images I want to discuss, and I'll do that after we....

... go to the videotape.



Many of you abroad might not have understood the images, but every one of them until the screen before the pictures of the politicians appear says ''settlements' are great, past governments have destroyed them, we won't.' The seals (which you still see in the picture above before you click on the start button) are seals belonging to organizations that oppose the 'settlement' movement. The politicians are Likud (and Yisrael Beiteinu, if I recall correctly) politicians.

This is the first time I can recall the Likud so openly pitching for the revenant vote. It's clear that Netanyahu still believes his biggest threat is from the Right and not from the Left. And it's clear that the country is no longer willing to treat the revenants as outcasts.

Hussein Obama can say whatever he wants, but the bottom line is that all this 'settlement building' reflects a national consensus in a democratic country. That consensus cannot and should not be ignored.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google