Powered by WebAds

Friday, July 09, 2010

British ambassador to Lebanon praises Fadlallah

This is sickening.
Ambassador Frances Guy has written an obituary for Fadlallah. She wrote: “People in Lebanon like to ask me which politician I admire most. Until yesterday my preferred answer was to refer to Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah, head of the Shia clergy in Lebanon and much admired leader of many Shia Muslims throughout the world.

“When you visited him you could be sure of a real debate, a respectful argument and you knew you would leave his presence feeling a better person.

“Sheikh Fadlallah passed away yesterday. Lebanon is a lesser place the day after but his absence will be felt well beyond Lebanon’s shores.

“I remember well when I was nominated ambassador to Beirut, a Muslim acquaintance sought me out to tell me how lucky I was because I would get a chance to meet Sheikh Fadlallah. Truly he was right. If I was sad to hear the news I know other peoples’ lives will be truly blighted.”
Fadlallah was a Holocaust denier who favored suicide bombings. He called on 'Palestinians' to target Jews.

But even worse than Guy's praise for the despicable sheikh is the British Foreign Office's reaction. After claiming that Guy's opinion is her own, the Foreign Office adds:
"We welcomed his progressive views on women's rights and interfaith dialogue. But also had profound disagreements - especially over his statements advocating attacks on Israel."
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

I'm surprised the missus didn't give Fadlallah a BJ while he was alive.

Truly sickening. I mean if you're going to gush over a mass murderer, please show show some restraint.

Whatever is going on in the UK these days, there must be something in the Thames to make their ambassador take leave of her senses!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Chrysler 300M said...

http://blogs.fco.gov.uk/roller/guy/entry/the_problems_of_diplomatic_blogging


backpaddeling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google