Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shavuoth Music Video

On Shavuoth, we celebrate receiving the Torah at Mount Sinai. To celebrate, we spend the entire night studying Torah (to make up for our ancestors who went to sleep!) and then at sunrise we pray the morning prayers and read the ten commandments.

I hope to be at the Western Wall (Kotel) on Shavuoth morning together with thousands of other Jerusalemites. The current plan is that two of my children (sons # 3 and 4, children # 6 and 7) will go with me.

This song by Yaakov Shwekey is part of the blessings over studying Torah that we say upon arising every morning.

Let's go to the videotape, and then I'll give you the post-holiday schedule.



Because I live in Israel permanently and am currently in Israel, the holiday is only one day for me. I will be back God willing on Wednesday night after the holiday ends here. For those of you for whom Wednesday night and Thursday are not a holiday, please join me. For those of you for whom Wednesday night and Thursday are a holiday, I look forward to seeing you again on Thursday night.

Chag Sameyach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google