Powered by WebAds

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gaza impoverished?

Reader Joe pointed me to a series of 2005 pictures of Gaza on a Russian web site. The caption on each picture reads "Gasa: Shacks and shanties of the population oppressed by Zionists." Anyone who can translate those two Russian words would be appreciated Translation graciously provided by Masha via NY Nana. Have a look at the pictures and decide for yourselves: Is Gaza impoverished? It looks more like Tel Aviv or Miami Beach to me.














Impoverished? 'One of the most densely populated areas in the world?' You decide. It doesn't look like it to me.

Reader Russel commented in the same thread:
A friend of mine's brother recently returned from Gaza. He said, "... most of the homes he was in over there are/were nicer than any of the homes he's seen in Israel.

villas, jacuzzis, sattelite tv's...all of them.

said there were some awful bedouin towns, but that it was NO refugee camp - if so Tel Aviv is one too.
Remember some of the homes in the 'refugee camp' I have shown you in the past?

I don't believe Gaza is impoverished. That's just another 'Palestinian' lie.

Isn't it?

10 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Abu Yussif said...

doubtful that gaza looks like that now. oh well, such is the price of jihad.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Thanks for the hat tip. I wish I could I could translate that more effectively but I know not how to read Russian...my mom pointed out those pictures to me.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger lol said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger lol said...

The first word is not popular, i heard it maybe once in my life it means something like 'improvised house' and second means just 'falling apart house'

P.S. the first word would be translated to Hebrew as 'Pahon', you know the type that you see poor people in Africa live in?

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when I was visiting Gush Katif and looked over the fence into Aza and thought "Gee, they have high rises in a refugee camp?! Guess they are doing alright."

At least now we know what they have been doing with all those billions of dollars and euros in aid.

A satellite TV courtesy of the EU. A jacuzzi from America (The BIG satan). A marble staircase from Robert Mugabe...

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Kirly said...

Impoverished??? I think not! It looks just like San Diego!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger wolfline said...

Hi everyone. Is there a link to the Russian site?

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Helen said...

The first Russian word means a hovel; the second one is literally a broken up building, a wreck.

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it weren't for the Palestinians hate, they could have something really good in Gaza. But killing Jews is more important to them than having a nice life. It makes me sick.

free`

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger aurora said...

I doubt Gaza looks like these pictures now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google