Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Amnesty International shows its true colors

Amnesty International has shown its true colors by rejecting a call to campaign against anti-Semitism in the United Kingdom.
The motion was table by Amnesty member Andrew Thorpe-Apps in March who said it was defeated at the International AGM on Sunday by 468 votes to 461.
Mr Trope Apps said: “It was the only resolution to be defeated during the whole conference.”
Amnesty International UK press officer Neil Durkin said: "After a really interesting debate where everyone condemned discrimination against all ethnic and religious groups, our membership decided not to pass this resolution calling for a campaign with a single focus.
Funny, they don't seem to have a problem with campaigns that focus solely on Israel.
Mr Thorpe-Apps said he put forward the motion because “I recently joined and I believe passionately about human rights.
“I was aware that the organisation has been outwardly pro-Palestine in the past but it hasn’t stood up for the Jewish population and I think it would be good if they did that.
“I’m not Jewish myself but I’ve been appalled by what I’ve seen in the press facing the Jewish community and an organisation like Amnesty should really add their voice to that as they do with other human rights issues.”
I think Mr. Thorpe-Apps has to find another outlet for his passions about human rights. Amnesty clearly doesn't make the cut.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google