Powered by WebAds

Sunday, November 03, 2013

First Syrian refugee baby born in Israel

A Syrian refugee's child was born in Ziv Hospital in Safed on Monday. That's yet another first for Israeli humanitarian aid.
The 20-year-old mother was in the early stages of labor when the IDF evacuated her from Syria's Kuneitra region where there was no access to a local hospital.

Until now, only wounded Syrians have been among the hundreds of wounded civilians escaping the war and seeking medical care in Israel.

The mother, who said she was herself a nurse, gave birth to a healthy, 3.2-kilo baby.

When she realized there was no one else who could deliver her, she asked to be taken to the border where she hoped Israeli soldiers would pick her up and send her to an Israeli medical center, she said.

“I was very afraid to go, but I was even more worried about giving birth at home by myself,” she added. “I don’t feel like I am in an ‘enemy’ country. The staff are all helping me and worrying about me.”

The Syrian woman said there is a severe food shortage in her country, and that village residents are subsisting mostly on rice.

In Ziv, she was given meat and vegetables.” My baby too is getting wonderful, devoted care.”
But of course, no identifying details can be given out without endangering their lives....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google