Powered by WebAds

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Dad z"l

Tonight and tomorrow mark the first yahrtzeit (anniversary of the death) of my father z"l (of blessed memory). It's still hard to believe that he passed away shortly after the door to my Los Angeles - Boston flight closed, one year ago tonight, and that I did not get to see him when I arrived in Boston. So the last time I saw him was actually in August of last year.

Dad was a rarity - a truly honest lawyer. He wasn't capable of telling a lie, and he had a purity about him that isn't often seen today.

Later this week, I will be traveling to Boston, God willing, to visit his grave. May his memory be blessed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Red Tulips said...

May his memory be a blessing. BDE.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger debbie said...

May his neshama have an aliyah.

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Captain.H said...

Carl, my parents both passed away decades ago. But not a day goes by that I don't think about them. Life is Lessons and one I've eventually learned is that fine parents, people of good character and kind heart, are truly a gift from God. Doing one's best to emulate them, to live one's own life as a person of good character and kind heart, is the gift back to them and to God. Easier said than done so often in this very imperfect world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google