Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Israel, you ain't seen nothin' yet: Yes, it really looks like snow!

This storm is unbelievable. And the best is yet to come.
After four straight days of heavy, unceasing rain, many areas of the country have already reached or exceeded their annual winter rainfall levels. Since the storm started on Shabbat, several kibbutzim in northern Israel have recorded in the area of 250 millimeters of rain, and many more are expected to join that “club” in the coming days.
Since the beginning of one of the wettest winters in years, Haifa has already recorded 542 millimeters of rain – more than twice its annual average. Tel Aviv also has its average beat, with 136% of its annual average rain having fallen as of January 8, and the same holds true for Jerusalem (136%), Tzfat (211%), and Nahariya (192%). Even Eilat has joined the party, with more than twice as much rain falling this season as in an average year. According to the Meteorological Service, this season is likely to beat the 1994-95 season, the last time such heavy rains fell in Israel throughout the winter season.
But the best is yet to come, say forecasters. Precipitation will continue and get even heavier Tuesday night, Wednesday, and Wednesday night, as temperatures continue to drop. The combination of wet weather and cold temperatures is the perfect recipe for snowfall, which forecasters say is likely to hit the country in a big way Wednesday night and Thursday. Far from falling only in the Hermon, accumulations are expected in many parts of the country, including the hills of Judea and Samaria, and Jerusalem. The Jerusalem municipality has entered a “snow emergency readiness,” preparing dozens of plows to keep main arteries open.
Here's the latest Jerusalem forecast:
Wednesday will start with a mixed of rain and ice from the sky:
8am: 20% chance for snow. 5% chance for accumulation.
10am: 30% chance for snow. 10% chance for accumulation.
12pm: 50% chance for snow. 20% chance for accumulation.
4pm: 65% chance for snow. 35% chance for accumulation.
8pm: 70% chance for snow. 50% chance for accumulation.
12am: 80% chance for snow. 50% chance for accumulation.
6am Thu: 95% chance for snow. 95% chance for accumulation.
9am Thu: 95% chance for snow. 95% chance for accumulation.
Every percentage specify the chance for occurrance of the event till the time mentioned.
I fixed their spelling but not their grammar....

And finally, for those of you who feel flooded, could we be heading for this?

Let's go to the videotape.



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger Devorah said...

You missed "occurrence" when you corrected the spelling.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Google