Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Would anyone take a threat from the French seriously?

In a sad commentary about just how far the West has deteriorated over the past 18 months in the absence of American leadership, Nicolas Sarkozy is issuing threats to Iran.
"If a credible agreement cannot be reached, Iran's isolation would only worsen," Sarkozy said. "And in the face of worsening threat, we would have to organize ourselves to protect and defend states that feel threatened."

...

"Everybody knows that there are serious consequences to a policy that would allow Iran to follow its nuclear path," Sarkozy said. "It would see a general proliferation in the region or even military conflict."

...

"I hope that we can find a good agreement in the coming months ... that Iran respects the law and that the concerns of the international community are lifted," Sarkozy said.
Come on. Does anyone take France seriously?

What could go wrong?

3 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Bartender Cabbie said...

I do. I believe that France will lead the way in the war with the Mohammedans at some point. France is being over run by Muslims which threatens to destroy French culture. I do not think they will lie down for that. Remember France is a nuclear armed nation with ballistic missile subs capable of taking out Iran's nuclear installations. Perhaps I am wrong, but I take France more seriously than most.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Benyaminov Shamil said...

France is a joke

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bartender Cabbie,

I can't explain why, but I think the same. Britain looks doomed to me while France seems more salvageable.

As a Francophile (cultural), I'd love to see France-Israel relations return to their pre-1967 greatness ... before De Gaulle, France's Ariel Sharon (elected on the promise to hold on to Algeria, and you know the rest), did to the relationship what Obama is doing now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google