Powered by WebAds

Monday, August 16, 2010

Video: Israel police dismantle protective wall in Gilo

I mentioned last week that the wall protecting the Jerusalem neighborhood of Gilo from sniper fire from the Arab village of Beit Jalla is being dismantled. Here's video of the work, which actually started on Sunday.

Let's go to the videotape.



Sorry folks, but I'm queezy watching this. I just feel like there's too big a chance that we'll need it again and that it won't be there.

The decision to take the barrier down was made by the IDF Central Command and other security officials.

Please tell me they're not going to follow this by removing the barriers along the tunnel road out to Gush Etzion. Too many people were murdered there before those barriers went up.

4 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Moriah said...

Waiting for other shoe to drop....

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Betty Ruth said...

Watching this gives me the same feeling I had watching Arafat and Rabin shaking hands on the White House lawn.

Fatal idiocy. We will never learn.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

I don't see why they would go to all the trouble. Why build a separation wall if you don't really need it?

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

Is the IDF run by Hamas now??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google