Powered by WebAds

Monday, June 28, 2010

The Likud's moronic minister

Arutz Sheva notes that Likud minister Michael Eitan is taking part in the march to free thousands of terrorists in exchange for Gilad Shalit (a march that is getting really disproportionate media coverage).

I happened to catch an interview with Eitan on Israel Radio's mid-day news magazine today (I was driving to my meeting) and this guy is really missing something in his head.

The newscaster asked if the government should pay 'any price' to release Shalit (as Shalit's family has demanded - they've been quite explicit about it) and he answered no. So they asked him what price Israel should or should not pay and he said that's irrelevant - what's relevant is that we all want Shalit released so we all should march. And then the newscaster said that the whole point of the march was for people to demand that any price be paid and if he didn't believe that he shouldn't be marching and he brought the interview to an abrupt end.

If I find a write-up of the interview, I will post it. It was one of the stupider things I've ever heard from an Israeli politician (and there's a lot of competition for that title).

2 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

I don't believe in paying "any price." Most people don't do that in day to day life. Why should that rule be changed just for Gilad Shalit?

I've love for someone to answer me that question.

What could go wrong indeed

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The price:

Israel stands firm: We won't free 'mega-terrorists’ in swap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google