Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

BNP Councillor's Nazi license plate

Fellow 'Councillors' have called for the resignation of far-right British National Party Councillor Julian Leppert for driving a car with a license plate that seems to spell Nazi. Leppert has been driving the car for two years (Hat Tip: NY Nana).

Cllr. Julian Leppert, 41, who is councillor for Hainault and a close aide to BNP leader Nick Griffin, arrived at Redbridge council meetings in a black Ford Focus with the registartion number NA51 ZCY.

Redbridge councillors are now demanding the BNP man resign from his ward, which has one of the highest Jewish populations in the country.

Council leader Keith Prince called for Cllr. Leppert's resignation and said he should "hang his head in shame".

Conservative councillor Veronica Cole said: “When I first saw the number plate on his car I couldn’t believe my eyes. It is sickening and appalling.

“It beggars belief that even a BNP councillor could think this kind of behaviour is acceptable.”

Cllr. Leppert said he had now decided to sell the car because of the controversy, but denied he had chosen the number plate deliberately.

“This isn’t a personalised number plate. I needed to buy a car in a hurry a couple of years ago and found one for sale online. The number plate was blacked out so it wasn’t until I arrived to pay that I saw it," he said.

He added: “Had I known I would probably never have bought it. I am planning to sell the car now as the other councillors seem to want to make a political point. I find that pretty cheap.”
Is it so hard to change a license plate in Britain?

Better question, how is it that a ward with 'one of the highest Jewish populations in the country' elects a neo-Nazi to be its City Councillor? How did anyone not figure out who this guy is and what he stands for?

I know I have readers in Britain. Can any of you explain this to me?

7 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Jesterhead45 said...

I could be wrong but the number plate doesn’t appear to be personalised as 51 merely indicates that the car was first registered in 2001, whether he bought the car only because the first 4 letters happen to spell out nazi I cannot really say TBH though I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_number_plate#Current_system

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Thanks for the hat tip Carl.

When I saw that, I was just appalled.Londonistan, Eurabia is here now, and why the Jews in the UK, as well as France, do not get out now? I will never understand.

I hope that your British readers of Israel Matzav will explain.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Chrysler 300M said...

useless distraction from the real enemy, the Islamic devils

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Jesterhead45 said...

Also I’d like to add FWIW even though the area has one of the highest Jewish populations in country, it’s known to be a dying community with very few practising Jews and a rising muslim population to the point that Jews are either marrying out at a pretty alarming rate, moving to places like Hendon or Golders Green where the Jewish populations are still relatively high with a few even making Aliya.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Jesterhead is right on both counts.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Dominic said...

Jesterhead is correct on the number plate.

It's not correct to state that the WARD in which this man was elected has a large Jewish population (it's mostly a post-war overspill public housing estate that has a population that is largely elderly and ethnically English). The BOROUGH of which the ward forms part (and certain other parts thereof: Barkingside, Gants Hill, Claybury, but not Hainault) does have a substantial, visible, Jewish population - probably the third-largest Jewish population in London, but those wards don't vote for the far right.

 
At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NA = Newcastle
51 = Year 2001

Its not Personalised

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google