Powered by WebAds

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Reverend Wright: The full interview

Here's Reverend Wright's full statement to the Hampton Road Press' David Squires. It's even worse than what was reported.

Let's go to the videotape.



Note that reference to the 'Jewish vote' and the 'AIPAC vote.'

Someone in the YouTube comment section asked why does Reverend Wright still matter? And someone in my comment section last night claimed that Wright and Obama are playing off each other and that Obama wasn't really influenced by Reverend Wright.

But Reverend Wright still matters and his style of thinking influences Barack Obama. Otherwise, he would have disowned this statement.
I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother — a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

- Barack Obama on his mentor Rev. Wright, 3/18/08
Reverend Wright is like his grandmother. Children may rebel against their parents once they reach their teenage years. But the warm spot for a grandparent is always there no matter what.

President Obama still has warm feelings about Reverend Wright. And those feelings whisper to him constantly 'get Israel.'

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

A parental figure is not easily disowned. Even Obama admitted as much which is why the Rev. Wright's views do matter. And its not going to go away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google