Powered by WebAds

Monday, July 10, 2006

Prisoner swap likely off for now

Thank God the 'Palestinians' are too stupid to take a gift when they receive one. This morning, we were told that Israel had agreed to Hamas' terms for exchanging Gilad Shalit for 'hundreds' of 'Palestinian' prisoners. But Hamas politburo chief Khaled Meshaal couldn't take the money terrorists and run. Instead, he's being a hog, and as one of my bankruptcy lawyer friends says, "pigs get rich, hogs get slaughtered."

Instead Meshaal told a Damascus press conference today that Shalit is a 'prisoner of war' (does that mean that they will allow the Red Cross to visit him?), and that while Hamas will keep him alive, they are only willing to exchange him for "all security prisoners currently in custody in Israel." You would think they kidnapped the Chief of Staff for that price!

Meshaal then launched into a tirade, in which he blamed Israel, the United States and the 'West' for what is going on in Gaza, and never once stopped to consider that if he stopped shooting Kassams and released Gilad Shalit, Israel would stop the invasion and help the 'Palestinians' reconstruct.

The bottom line is that nothing has changed, and we are back where we were yesterday in Gaza.

3 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Red Tulips said...

WOW.

As Alan Dershowitz said, "The Palestinians don't know how to say yes!"

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Alan Dershowitz says that the 'Palestinians' want civilian casualties on both sidea (check my archives).

Unfortunately, Alan Dershowitz would also give them half the country in a New York minute if they would stop shooting.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Red Tulips said...

I do not believe Dershowitz would give the West Bank over if there was merely a cease fire. I believe he would not be satisfied unless there is a very real demonstration of laying down arms. Or, that is my take on him. I am not in his head, so I don't know.

My own belief is that I would give over much of the West Bank to the Palestinians as long as they lay down their arms and are peaceful for a long stretch of time - proving peace is possible. Then I believe in giving over parts of the West Bank in graduated steps - as a sort of test of good will.

Thing is, I do not trust the Palestinians to lay down arms - so I do not believe there will be peace in my lifetime, and I do not believe there will be a real Palestinian state in my lifetime - unless Olmert gets to carry out his suicidally stupid plan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google