Powered by WebAds

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Those Jews can even play hockey!

Somehow, I missed this:
Having won the last two games with team Greece 26-2 and team Turkey 9-1, Israel National ice Hockey team was ranked first in the World Ice Hockey Championship III division in South Africa, received Champion’s gold medals and a ticket to the IIHF second division (IIB).

Goals in Israel team scored:

Israel – Greece 26:2: Kniter x3, x6 Mazur, Lebedev X 2, Sherbatov x 6, Frenkel x 5, Bulakhov, Levi, Avner, Schwartzman,

Israel – Turkey 9:1: Mazur, Frenkel, x2, Sherbatov x2, Levy, Oz, Kniter
And here's a goal against Bulgaria earlier in the tournament.

Let's go to the videotape.



I can't believe a 9-1 win over Turkey got no significant publicity here. Someone please let me know when these guys are playing. Please.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

Wow! Brilliant! We can do anything!! :))

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger ais cotten19 said...

Yasher Koach Israel Hockey!

This is great to hear, I pretty much swore off hockey this summer (guess which city I'm from) but this is a win I can celebrate. 9-1!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google