Terror attacks in France, Tunisia and Kuwait kill dozens, no attackers were Amish37 dead and 36 wounded) and on a mosque in Kuwait City, Kuwait (at least 24 dead) - have left dozens of people dead on Friday. In each case, the attackers were Muslims (Hat Tip: Memeorandum). None of the attacks seemed to have anything to do with the US Supreme Court rulings upholding gay marriage and Obamacare.
In France, attackers stormed an American-owned industrial chemical plant near Lyon, decapitated one person and tried unsuccessfully to blow up the factory.
In Tunisia, gunmen opened fire at a beach resort, killing at least 27 people, officials said. At least one of the attackers was killed by security forces.
And the Islamic State claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing in one of the largest Shiite mosques in Kuwait City during Friday prayers. The bomb filled the hall with smoke and left dead and wounded scattered on the carpet, according to witnesses and videos posted online. Local news reports said at least 24 people had been killed and wounded in the assault, which was extraordinary for Kuwait and appeared to be a deliberate attempt to incite strife between Shiites and Sunnis.
In a message circulating on social media, the Islamic State called the suicide bomber “one of the knights of the Sunni people.”
The Kuwait terror attack is the first carried out by ISIS in a Gulf State and is sure to concern other Gulf States.
The Tunisia attack seems like another attack on the 'infidels' with sources confirming that most of the guests at the Imperial Marhaba Hotel were from the UK or Central Europe (Hat Tip: Memeorandum). Many of those killed were lounging in beach chairs.
The attacker in France was apparently the employee of the person who was murdered.
The French prosecutor has given a press conference, providing details of the incident:But let's keep fooling ourselves that Islam is a 'religion of peace.' Let's keep kissing up to the Islamists, treating their cult as a quaint religion with exotic things like iftar dinners (oops - let's not mention that the President of the United States hosted anti-Israel 'activists' at his). And eventually, they'll stop trying to murder us, right?
More details provided on the victim:
- Four suspected accomplices are being held in the attack on the factory in France. They have been arrested and are in interrogation.
- The suspect, his wife and sister are part of those arrested
- The victim was the suspect’s employer
- Part of the factory hangar was blown apart
- 43 people were in the factory at the time of the attack. 13 employees are still in a state of shock
- There were no more injuries so far
- The body of the victim was found near the suspect’s vehicle, where a knife was also found
- The severed head of the victim, was found hooked onto a railing with two flags with arabic inscription
More details on the suspect:
- The victim was a 54-year-old man
- He was the head of a transport company, from the Lyon area and had been a salaried employee of the company since March 2015
The inquiry has been given to the central direction of the judicial police and to the anti-terrorist unit, and the internal security services, the French prosecutor said.
- Yassin Salhi was named as the main suspect
- He was born on 25 March 1980
- He had been working at that same company as the victim
- He’s the father of three children and has been married for about 10 years
- He had not been found guilty of any previous crimes
- He has been under surveillance for “radical islamic activities” since 2006.
- Between 2011 and 2014, French security services had been investigating him for connections to salafist groups in the Lyon area