This is not a parody: Hamas and Islamic Jihad set ten conditions for cease fire - UPDATEDcowering in fear in a bunker underneath Gaza's largest hospital.
They may not have homes to which to return but Ismail Haniyeh and his friends are still trying to set conditions for a 'cease fire' - ten of them in fact in return for ten years of quiet (they might ever...) - rather than just accepting one unconditionally (link in Hebrew).
1. Israel to move its tanks away from the border and allow 'Palestinian' farmers to work land along the 'security fence.'In the meantime, Hamas has announced that it has developed a new rocket, the Ahmed Yassin. No, it doesn't blow up sitting in a wheelchair. Hamas claims it has a range of 180 kilometers and that it carries a particularly large payload.
2. Free all terrorists arrested after the kidnapping and murder of Gilad Shaar, Naftali Frenkel and Eyal Yifrach HY"D (May God Avenge their blood), including those released as part of the terrorists for Gilad (Shalit) deal, and ease up on the conditions of 'Palestinian' terrorists in Israeli prisons, including Jerusalem residents and 'Israeli Arabs.'
3. Open the borders of Gaza and allow goods and materials to pass freely, including building materials (used to build bunkers and rockets) and anything necessary to operate Gaza's power plant.
4. Establish a seaport and an airport (they used to have one until Israel had to destroy it at the beginning of the intifadeh) under the supervision of the United Nations.
5. Widen the fishing zone to 10 kilometers from the shore, and allow the use of larger boats to transport goods.
6. Turn the Rafah border crossing into an international crossing to be operated by the United Nations and friendly Arab nations (CiJ comment - Presumably not including Egypt. This is not within Israel's power to decide).
7. International monitors to monitor borders and Israel is forbidden to overfly Gaza. (You mean like EUBAM was in control and fled?).
8. Ease the granting of approvals to pray at al-Aqsa mosque (the Temple Mount) in Jerusalem.
9. Refrain from interfering in the Hamas-Fatah reconciliation.
10. Re-establishment of industrial zones (to replace what they destroyed) and improvement of development conditions in the Gaza Strip.
Peace is at hand!
UPDATE 2:48 PM
JPost and Arutz Sheva now reporting this story, as is Channel 2 television. JPost is reporting that the proposal was presented on al-Jazeera Arabic by Azmi Bishara. Bishara, who fled Israel and now lives in Qatar, suggests that Turkey and Qatar would be better mediators than Egypt, which he claims has too many shared interests with Israel.
How is it that the Mossad has not knocked off Bishara yet? Hmmm.