Powered by WebAds

Sunday, February 09, 2014

TSA goes after columnist reading 'Jewish Press' as woman in niqab walks by

I actually got word of this the day it happened (Wednesday), but I didn't get to post it immediately because of work commitments, and then I let it slip.

Columnist Phyllis Chesler was stopped by TSA agents at JFK Airport on Wednesday for having a copy of The Jewish Press out in the open while going through security. While she was being questioned, a Muslim woman wearing a niqab (those bags through which only the eyes can be seen) walked through security unscathed.
My trip through Security at JFK this afternoon was slowed when one of the agents spotted me holding a copy of the Jewish Press. He found it suspicious, brought it to another agent, and they had a discussion. At that point, my bags were opened and searched. Meanwhile, a woman in niqab – a veil covering the entire face except the eyes -- walked through without incident. I saw no one ask her to lift the veil to check her actual identity against her documents.
Phyllis Chesler is... almost old enough to be my mother (sorry Phyllis!) and although she's opinionated, she definitely does not look like a terrorist.....

Great security here in America. Can't wait to fly again.....

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Shy Guy said...

Phyllis Chesler is... almost old enough to be my mother (sorry Phyllis!)
-------------------------------------

Relax! You said "almost".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google