Powered by WebAds

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Tamar Fogel talks about her parents HY"D (May God Avenge their blood)

I am sure that many of you remember Tamar Fogel, whose parents and three siblings HY"D (May God Avenge their blood) were murdered in Itamar two and a half years ago. Tamar is now 14. This article by Tamar was published in Yedioth about two weeks ago (in Hebrew).
My mom and I were really good friends. I am the oldest child, and until Hadas was born I was also the only daughter.
All of my friends had problems with their parents, and I was the only one who was different. Eema and I would go walking every evening and I would tell Eema things about myself. One evening we went out on a walk; it was winter and very cold. I had two friends and we were sort of a trio together, but at one point we had started to fight. Eema told me, “Friendships never work as trios.” It started to rain and we ran together. We got home soaking wet and laughing.
My parents were a special couple. There was a strong love between them that a child could simply see and feel. My mother was fire and my father was water, and they both had a presence that influenced you even without many words…
They real loved when we would get wild all together, and that’s how our Friday night tradition got started. Every Shabbat, already in the middle of the meal, the little kids would go to the room, and they would take blankets and pillows out to the living room and start to get wild, until everyone would fall asleep in the living room.
On Friday night there was a terror attack. My brothers were sleeping in the living room when two terrorists came into our home. When I came home already nothing was as it had been before. My Abba and Eema were murdered with three of my younger siblings, and since then I have a hundredth of a second of an image that I will never be able to forget.
Read the whole thing

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google