Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Breaking: Air raid sirens in Jerusalem

I don't know why but there are air raid sirens going off in Jerusalem. There was no advance warning (usually, if there is an exercise of any kind, we are warned) that I saw. My 12-year old claims that there was a notice, but usually those notices are featured prominently on the radio. I did not hear any this time.

The sirens went off for about 2-3 minutes (they were going off when I started this post).

This is what it sounds like. Let's go to the videotape.



More, when and if I have it.

UPDATE 5:37 PM

The kid was right - it was in one of the free newspapers.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Challah Hu Akbar said...

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=272780

"Homefront Command is set to embark on a three-day exercise in Jerusalem starting Tuesday at afternoon that will include loud explosions and smoke grenades.

On Wednesday at 5:30 p.m., a 90-second siren will sound as part of the exercise."

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger ML said...

I can't imagine living w/ that much tension every day. But I am so grateful for Jerusalem, for all of Israel, and for all the faithful who live there. May the Lord bless you and keep you, and make His Face shine upon you, May the Lord lift up His Countenance upon you and GIVE YOU PEACE! Amen! :)

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the only one in my house who was unaware. Argh!!!

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ML...come visit Israel sometime. You grossly over exaggerating the life here. Come to Tel Aviv, then tell me what you think of "tension". There's probably more tension in the US.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Rickismom said...

It was mentioned that an exercise with the sirens would be done, on the morning news

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google