Powered by WebAds

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Senior Likud Minister criticizes unity government

If I could have picked one senior Likud minister who was most likely to criticize the new unity government, this is the one I would have picked: Moshe "Boogie" Yaalon.
“When you look at the latest political move, you definitely need to examine its material aspects and its negative consequences,” Ya’alon said. “Developments of this kind definitely do not encourage some people to be involved politically and not even come to vote. Because people zigzag, and a commitment is not a commitment and a declaration is not a declaration.”
And there are critics on Kadima's side as well, although one has to wonder what they would have said had we gone to elections and left them with only 10 MK's.
On Friday, Kadima MK Nino Abesadse sharply criticized Mofaz for "joining a Bolshevik coalition."

“I was in opposition and I followed the rules. I respected them,” Abesadse said, adding, “But here, this morning, after what happened this week, I feel I am not obliged to respect the rules of the game anymore.”
I'm a critic too, because I view the unity government as Netanyahu's ticket to veer left. It remains to be seen whether he will do that. In the meantime, at least with respect to Iran, the unity government has its advantages.

What could go wrong?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google