Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Attempted murder in Judea and Samaria

This is what those poor 'Palestinian' kids do to get themselves arrested by Israeli soldiers. Here's a picture from AFP of two 'Palestinian' kids throwing bricks (yes, bricks) at a car driven by teacher Zehava Weiss of Karmei Tzur on Tuesday. Karmei Tzur is between Gush Etzion and Hebron. This incident happened near the town of Beit Ummar as she was driving home from school.
Weiss told Ynet that she saw the car in front of her getting hit, but did not think the salvo would continue. She had no choice but to continue driving into Beit Ummar, a Palestinian town, even after she bcame the target.

"I saw crowds on my left and on my right," Weiss recalled. "I knew that something was happening, but I had to continue driving because I didn't see any cops of soldiers in the area."

Luckily, Weiss said, her car is armored, but even so "the windshield was shattered and the exterior was dented in several places. They were throwing bricks, not stones."

This wasn't Weiss' first time in an incident of this kind.

"The Palestinians love to throw stones near that spot, and at two other sites near the village," she said. "I have lived in Karmei Tzur for eight years and I can tell you that they hurl stones almost every day.

"My heart was beating so fast after the incident, but we have to continue driving through there," she added. "What choice do we have?"
Read the whole thing.

By the way, most of the cars in Judea and Samaria are not armored. It's prohibitively expensive. We know families whose relatives from the States chipped in to pay for it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google