Powered by WebAds

Monday, January 09, 2012

The worst internet service in the world

Shortly before midnight last night, our internet service (and our VoiP line) crashed. I called immediately, and got a recording saying that they were doing 'infrastructure work' and that service would be restored soon. Eventually, I gave up and went to sleep.

This morning at 8:00, I called again and found out that they had just started working on it. I was furious. I asked them why they hadn't worked on it earlier and they said that the couldn't work in the dark. I asked if this is 1953 or 2012, why Bezeq (which is a government company) which claims to give service on the level of a private company is still working by Histadrut rules, why they couldn't at least start when the sun rises and not at 8:00 and why I pay for their services when I need to work all night and they obviously feel they don't have to. I also said that I expect to be compensated. She said I would be. I asked how (a day's free internet is obviously not much compensation) and she hung up on me.

I waited a few hours - still no internet - and called again. As soon as I started to complain about not having internet in 12 hours, they hung up again.

So now, I am sitting in a cafe taking advantage of their WiFi. I have a ton of work to do, but will try to get a few posts up. If there is no internet at home, I will stay here to work well into the evening.

Thank you Bezeq for your wonderful service. The worse service in the world.

For those who are wondering, we have no choice but to get service through Bezeq one way or another, because there is no cable in our neighborhood.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

Hmm. Seems like Israel has inadvertently inherited some typically British problems: can lead in certain sectors abroad, but when it comes to the folk at home, they can wait!!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The moment you have only one possible provider you're hooked.
They know you have no other options and off course 'exploit' this.I wonder if you would pay by credit card and ask a refund for non delivered 'goods'?

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Captain.H said...

Carl, I can really empathize with you. For years, I lived in an area of Pennsylvania where I had no choice but Sprint for my telephone landline, which also effectively negatively influenced the quality of my dial-up ISP service. It's a long story, but when they "deregulated" Pennsylvania tel. service, areas that had Bell only now had a choice between Bell's successor, Verizon, and Sprint and other carriers. Those areas that before were exclusively to other carriers, in my case Sprint, still had to have Sprint as their local telco. Some "deregulation", huh?!

Needless to say, Sprint's service was just as sub-standard and arrogant as your Bezeq ISP. Fast forward a decade and a half and I now live in another area and have CHOICES! I went with cable broadband with one carrier and VoIP with another, with both of which I'm very happy. Excellent quality service, with excellent cust. service if, on rare occasons, I've had a problem. And Sprint and Bell, now Verizon, can both go to ... Both these telcos continue to hemorrhage customers to new competitors such as cable and my VoIP carrier, who don't treat paying customers as Bezec and Sprint do.

So, this doesn't help your situation. And to hang up on you, wow! That is amazingly rude arrogance! I can only hope for you that you soon have competitive alternatives. This is probably your only solution to being forced to deal with a monopoly, esp. a government-owned monopoly. (I bet they're REALLY efficient in getting their bills out to you on time and cashing your checks, eh?!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google