Powered by WebAds

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Surprise: Wall Street protests marred by anti-Semitism (with videos)

I suppose none of us should be surprised that the Wall Street protests have been marred by anti-Semitism. Here's an example.

Let's go to the videotape.



Make sure to take a few minutes flipping through the comments there.

With Sober Sense reports on an undercurrent of anti-Semitism at the Wall Street protests that has largely gone unchallenged.
While the Left celebrates the Wall Street occupation with much fanfare — including endorsements from Michael Moore, Cornel West, Noam Chomsky, and Susan Sarandon — an anti-Semitic undercurrent in the protests goes largely unchallenged. Consider Nathalie Rothschild’s account in the Huffington Post of the noxious response elicited by her unflattering portrait of protesters in the online journal Spiked. According to Rothschild:
I received a string of indignant emails and tweets about my Jewish, kleptocrat banking connections; demands that I reveal the details of my pay checks and that I come clean about my not-so-hidden agenda. I was told that my family name disqualifies me from having any opinion about the protest and that I have ‘the karma of a demon’. One reader posted my article online, headlining the post ‘Journalist & Jew – Nathalie ROTHSCHILD’. [1]
There have also been reports of protestors at Wall Street holding signs with clearly anti-Semitic statements; one such sign instructs passersby to search on Google for “Wall St. Jews,” “Jewish Billionaires,” and the like. [2] A recent post on the online Public Forum of the NYC General Assembly, the decentralized grouping that has emerged as the leadership of the movement, notes that “It is common for statements to be made, placing overwhelming blame and responsibility on Jews for the economic crisis” and asks “what can be done about the existence of anti-Semitic statements made by so-called supporters of the protest?” The post has received responses accusing the author of pursuing a “witch hunt” and others suggesting that readers “Look into who was involved in setting up the Federal Reserve in 1913.” [3]

The initial call for the September 17th Wall Street demonstration came from the Canadian-based AdBusters, an activist publication focused on “culture jamming” and anti-consumerism, which once published a list of prominent neo-conservatives with black dots placed adjacent to the names of the Jewish ones. The list appeared as part of a March/April 2004 piece, entitled “Why won’t anyone say they are Jewish?” and written by AdBusters’ co-founder and editor-in-chief Kalle Lasn, which alleges that neo-cons have a “special affinity for Israel” that shapes U.S. policy in the Middle East. Lasn, claiming to “tackle the issue head on,” offers up “a carefully researched list” of “the 50 most influential neocons in the US” and stresses that “half of the them [sic] are Jewish.” [4]
Here are some more examples - lest you think that first one was an isolated incident.

Let's go to the videotape.



I get the creeps watching this kind of stuff.

But the Left backing a movement that is rife with anti-Semitism should not surprise anyone, should it?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Sunlight said...

I saw another one of these last week. I asked an East Coast lefty I know why they are doing this. She said there are a lot of Jews in these finance companies. And I said well, there are a lot of Catholics in them too and that this would be like saying things about Catholics running wall street. And she said, well, the Catholics had their turn when the pedophile priest cases were going on and now it's just the Jews' turn in the tank. No big deal. My jaw just dropped... WTH...

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Jesterhead45 said...

I am not sure whether to be surprised or not about what is happening with regard to the global economy, wall street protests and increasing Jew-hatred.

A while back, I recall reading something along the lines of oneday Jews outside of Israel in the near future will be forced to flee like fugitives with those managing to make it to Israel doing so possessing only the cloths on their back.

Back then I thought the chance of it happening was remote, now I find myself comtemplating the possibility that such a scenario may (Heaven Forbid) yet come about. (I speak as someone currently living outside of Israel whose circumstances precludes me from making Aliya)

Though the following is merely conjecture on my part, I cannot help but wonder if "the-one" is attempting to kill two birds with one stone by blaming the state of the economy (both in and outside of the US) on the Jews, which once the economy starts falling apart would than erode support for Israel among ordinary Americans that has so far proven to be quite the stumbling block for "the-one's" agenda in throwing Israel to the wolves.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Empress Trudy said...

One of the reasons Wall St is closed on Good Friday is that trading stocks was a profession that allowed Irish Catholics to enter whereas banking was the pinnacle of WASP supremacy.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger micha berger said...

Yes, there are antisemites at OWS.

But given that there were massive events at the rally based on Kol Nidrei and on Sukkah, it's hard to believe one can characterize the protest as a whole as being antisemitic. Thousands of people participated in these events. No stopped them, no one yelled at them, no one made a scene.

I don't think I agree with what they stand for. It's hard to say, I don't think OWS has a consistent platform to begin with. What are they asking for, anyway? But I think we are just getting alarmist.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger micha berger said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google