Powered by WebAds

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Operation Cast Lead ended because Hamas threatened to kill Shalit?

This was buried in Soccer Dad's Middle East Media Sampler for Wednesday, and I wanted to make sure that you all saw it.
Barry Rubin writes:
An interesting aspect of this development is the revelation that a key factor in the decision to end the counterattack on the Gaza Strip in early 2009, when Israel retaliated to Hamas breaking the ceasefire and launching an all-out attack, was a Hamas threat to kill Shalit if the offensive continued.
And you all thought it ended because of Obama's inauguration.

Hmmm.

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Israel may have passed on an opportunity to wipe out the Hamas leadership (we all knew where they were) to save one soldier's life? I've seen very little talk about this - I think it's a bombshell.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Findalis said...

I don't believe it. I think Hamas is saying whatever it wants to now that it has scored a victory.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Robertcw72 said...

You know I feel absolutely torn about this. And, this is what sucks the most about this entire episode. I want Gilad home..but damn..Israel could have possibly taken out the entire Hamas leadership and passed it up because of this...I just want to pull my hair out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google