Powered by WebAds

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Syria claims to have arrested spy who helped Israel kill Imad Mughniyah

Syria claims to have captured a 'spy' who in 2008 helped Israel to kill 'Palestinian' Lebanese terrorist Imad Mughniyah.
Syria broadcast on Saturday what it said was the confession of a Jordanian-Palestinian man who gave Israel information leading to the assassination of Hezbollah military commander Imad Mughniyah in Damascus three years ago.

The man, who identified himself as 35-year-old Eyad Youssef Enaim, said he was recruited by Israel in 2006 after a visit to the West Bank town of Hebron. He said he was sent to Damascus by his Israeli handlers in February 2008 and gave them details of Mughniyah's car hours before it was blown up on Feb. 12.

"I gave them the number of the car," Enaim said in an interview broadcast by state television.

The channel said Enaim's comments showed the extent of foreign plots against Syria, facing six months of protests against President Bashar Assad which authorities say have also been backed by outside powers.

Israel has denied involvement in killing Mughniyah, who was on the United States' most wanted list.
Let's go to the videotape.



YNet adds:
Nueim claimed that in February 2008 he was asked to leave Latakia and travel to Damascus in order to follow Iranian diplomats or Hezbollah members. "I couldn’t track them. I was asked to do it again a few days later, but again I couldn’t find them. I contacted my operators and told them, so they instructed me to return to Latakia," he said.

Ten days later, Nueim recalled, He was asked to return to Damascus again in order to gather information about an SUV that turned out to belong to Imad Mughniyeh, the Hezbollah commander.

"I asked why I needed to return to Damascus again, and he told me to go to a side street. I went there, but saw nothing. After 15 minutes I called, and he told me go to the Carmel hotel.

"There was nothing there," he said, "I kept walking and then I saw two men standing next to an SUV. I went out on the main street and then the operator called. I gave him the plate number, and he asked me to verify it. I said 'enough, I've been on the street for two hours, I can’t stay here anymore.'"

Nueim noted that after he returned to Latakia, he found out through the internet that it was the same vehicle in which Mughniyeh was assassinated.

"I returned to Jordan and my operator told me to meet him in Jerusalem. When I arrived, they changed my phone numbers and gave me two Belgium numbers and some code words, so that I can transfer information about ships and more."

According to Nueim, He was also asked to spy on the naval activity in Syria. "I was instructed to follow the shipments that come into the ports of Tartus and Latakia – I was asked to report anything suspicious," he said, adding that he stayed there until he was arrested.
Next, they will have the guy confess to trying to kill Bashar al-Assad. What could go wrong?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google