Powered by WebAds

Thursday, March 24, 2011

'Abba, the most important thing is I'm alive - I wasn't near that bus'

I found a voice mail on my cell phone this morning from 3:30 yesterday afternoon. It was from my 11.5 year old son, who was on a bus going through town when the bomb went off yesterday. As I wrote at the time in the Liveblog, my son said that his bus had been diverted to Givat Shaul (a nearby neighborhood), but in the message he said that he did not know how to get where he needed to go. But we could not call him because he does not have a cell phone - he had borrowed one from a grown-up.

He ended his message with the title of this post: "But the most important thing is I'm alive - I wasn't near that bus."

I have another child who was about 100 meters from Sbarro on the day it blew up in 2002. But she was older then.

Golda Meir once quipped that we would have peace with the Arabs when they love their own children more than they hate ours. I don't see that happening. And I bitterly resent the loss of innocence that my children suffer on days like yesterday.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google