Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Like being 6-years old again

As you may have noticed, posting has been slow this morning.

Last night, as I was about to go to sleep, I felt a sharp pain in my right ear. I rubbed at it a bit and went to sleep. The pain got worse, and during the night (such as it was - I didn't plan to sleep much last night anyway), it woke me up.

In the morning, I mentioned it to an older man in the synagogue who suggested the 'old country' remedy of putting a cotton ball with olive oil on it into my ear. That helped a little until Mrs. Carl finally said, "you know, you've been getting progressively worse all week and it's already Thursday and you'll be miserable all weekend. Why don't you go see a doctor for a change?"

She who must be obeyed....

So I did....

I have an ear infection. I don't think I've had one of those since I had my tonsils out at the end of first grade. So I'm putting my drops in and taking things a little bit easier.

This too shall pass.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Findalis said...

Try some Chicken Soup. It may not cure, but it can't hurt.

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

carl,

i suffer from sinus infections and get ear infections on occasion.

forget the ear drops...use antihistamines....stay away from caffeine for a few days and dont smoke and stay away from those that do.

refuah sheleima....hope it doesnt get worse

i used to be a member of kaiser, and a few years back, got a severe ear infection, which they treated (not well)

the infection got much worse and i ended up having outpatient surgery to remove fluid from both ears...i was miserable for almost a week

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Lydia McGrew said...

Drink lots and lots of fluids. Sleeping sitting up (if possible) will help the pain. If you can't sleep sitting up, sit up if awakened by the pain, and get a big drink of water. This is all symptomatic stuff. The drops are the thing and should work (here disagreeing with the previous commentator).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google