Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 24, 2011

J Street endorsee says to get a little bloody

I think my friend Stacy McCain was surprised when Congressman Mike Capuano (D-Ma) told a union rally in Boston on Tuesday that it's time to 'get a little bloody.' But I'm not.

Living in Israel, I don't recognize the name of ever Representative and Senator in the US. But I recognize Capuano's name. Capuano ran against Martha Coakley for the Democratic nomination for the Senate in the special election to fill Ted Kennedy's seat two years ago. Coakley won the primary. The election was won by Scott Brown - the first Republican Senator from Massachusetts since Ed Brooke in my childhood. I was in Massachusetts just after that and kept hearing how Capuano would have been a better candidate, because he's 'more exciting.' Uh huh.

But Capuano's name was familiar for a different and more important reason. Capuano was endorsed by J Street and got the Soros money despite being unopposed in his Congressional election in November.

Is it a coincidence that a guy who behaves like a union thug was endorsed by J Street? I don't think so. It's part of the entire trend of the Democratic party abandoning Israel.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google