Powered by WebAds

Sunday, September 12, 2010

'Daniel' makes aliya

Do you all remember Daniel? For those who have forgotten, let's go to the videotape.



Daniel has made aliya (immigrated to Israel).
After a summer of soulsearching, Pereg decided to start the new Jewish year, and his new life, in Jerusalem. He didn’t care that many people recommended he wait two years to finish high school in the States, or that the lastminute decision meant that he and his mother had no apartment lined up and no plans for the new school year when they arrived earlier this month.

“I love it here so much, it’s really my country,” Pereg said. “This is the place I belong. Now I’m trying to see how I can make it.”

The teenager displays a maturity that few his age possess. He knows exactly what he wants: to spend the next two years as a spokesman for Israel and a staunch defender of the Jewish nation, serve in an intelligence unit in the army, and eventually become a member of Knesset. He has business cards that read, “Future Knesset Member – Look for me on Facebook.”

“The aftermath of this video was that it got me a lot of attention,” he said.

“But it also got me a lot of connections with politicians, pro-Israel advocates, people that could connect me to future activism and future goals, future things for Israel and things to benefit the Jewish people.

“I think it helped the pro-Israel cause a lot,” he added. “It was inspiring, and it helped people to know there are Jews who go out of their way to help the Jewish people.”
Daniel and his Mom are welcome to spend Shabbat or Chag here if they'd like. Just send an email and let me know how to reach you. My neighbors across the hall are Persian and I believe the husband even speaks Farsi.

Read the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google