Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Why there shouldn't be a mosque at Ground Zero

I think the ADL's Abraham Foxman (cited by Jennifer Rubin) has come up with the best explanation of why a mosque at Ground Zero would not be 'healing.'
In a phone interview, he compared the idea of a mosque near ground zero to the Roman Catholic Carmelite nuns who had a convent at the Auschwitz death camp. In 1993, Pope John Paul II responded to Jewish protests by ordering the nuns to move. “We’re saying if your purpose is to heal differences, it’s the wrong place,” Foxman said of the mosque. “Don’t do it. The symbolism is wrong.”
Indeed.

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

Carl, off topic- you're not liveblogging (the Muqata is following the story) this afternoon's Lebanese attack on the IDF along the border? Normally, this would be an act of war.

But expect the Stupid Jews to keep a lid on things in August.

What could go wrong indeed

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger muman613 said...

I strongly oppose building this islamic mosque at the site of the WTC attack because I am a victim. It is rubbing salt in the wounds of myself and my family to allow the religion of the perpetrators to set up a terrorist recruiting center on the place my brothers blood was spilled. I am adamant in my opposition, to the point of almost violence. The innocent American victims are the true martyrs since they died working for their families, and their country. Hashem, may you rain down plague and disease on anyone who attends this accursed mosque.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google