Powered by WebAds

Friday, August 13, 2010

What the mainstream media forgot to tell you about Elias Abuelazam

I breathed a sigh of relief on Thursday night when I found out that the
'Israeli' arrested on suspicion of being a serial killer as he was about to board a Delta Airlines flight to Israel in Atlanta was an 'Israeli Arab.' Perhaps I breathed that sigh of relief too soon.

Someone emailed me to tell me about a major online media outlet that had run the story earlier and then taken it down when it turned out that Elias Abuelazam was not a Jew. I googled the story and found out that the story was still up at that site. And at some point later, I went to sleep.

Over at CAMERA, they did a bit more checking, and discovered that there were many more mainstream media outlets that didn't bother to tell their readers or otherwise hid the fact that Elias Abuelazam is an 'Israeli Arab' from Ramle (within the green line) and not a Jew. Among those outlets - unsurprisingly - were the BBC, MSNBC and NPR. At HuffPo, Abuelazam's arrest became another occasion to bash Jews and Israel in the comments.

Read the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google