Powered by WebAds

Monday, June 07, 2010

Helen Thomas: More than just a loudmouth

Helen Thomas, who resigned her position with Hearst Newspapers on Monday, is more than just a loudmouth. She also supported terror financially (Hat Tip: American Thinker).

Helen Thomas, the Hearst Newspaper columnist under fire for her remarks last week urging Jews to "get the hell out of" Israel and "go back to Germany," headlined a fundraiser for the terrorist support group Code Pink in the Fall of 2006.

Photos posted by Code Pink show Thomas receiving the group's "Badge of Courage" at a fundraiser held at a Washington, D.C. restaurant on October 28, 2006.

Code Pink is a leader of the so-called Gaza Freedom Movement, the group behind the terror flotilla trying to break the blockade of Hamas-controlled Gaza.

...

Contacted at the time of the Code Pink fundraiser, a spokesman for Hearst's D.C. bureau said that as a columnist Thomas was free to raise money for Code Pink. Hearst wasn't bothered that Code Pink had a history of supporting the terrorists in Iraq with cash and humanitarian aid.

Helen seems to fit right in with that crowd, doesn't she?

3 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

Yup - and good riddance!

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger ais cotten19 said...

Hi Carl in Jerusalem, I'm not sure how to get in touch with you, so I'm using this to send a message. I honestly couldn't find your email address. By the way, you have a powerhouse of a blog here. It is my primary daily required reading, so thank you for keeping me so well informed.

I just wanted to point something out I've noticed in the Canadian media. Here's an online article from the CBC, giving what I feel is a pretty balanced reporting of the whole Helen Thomas fiasco.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/story/2010/06/07/helen-thomas-retire-israel.html

As far as the comments are concerned, the number of people praising Helen are outnumbering her detractors by about 10 to 1, based on the agree/disagrees (click on "agreed" to order the comments).

This is also not the first time I've noticed little mini explosions of group anti-semitism in the public forums in this country.

I am seriously wondering if Canada is going to be one of the next countries to fall into the "hate Israel" abyss.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Benyaminov Shamil said...

Carl, I am sorry but i am in agony here for us Jews....Please explain what the hell (i dont want to curse)is going on with world and people.
You are very righteous Jew,,,are we creating death wish for ourselves. You don't understand to what extends we (my family) go to buying Israeli products whenever its possible, having Jewish flag in my internal salon mirror.

America is done i am afraid so, and i cant even return home to what that bitch referring to my native Azerbaijan because things changing rapidly there to worse too. And she is denying our birthplace of all jews. I am serious no sarcasm. I will not convert/nor abandoned my religion/traditions if my ancestors stood strong i will too and my family. i feel hate in the air for Jews in NYC...people afraid to say proudly that they are jews (especially American morons), they like trying to blend in or something....maybe its me I dont know. give your feedback to another righteous jew just like you. Whats wrong with Israel, whats wrong with our people...the more we show weakness they more they are trying to pressure us. My Hashem help our people and our tiny homeland.

thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google