Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

'I'd rather starve than coach Israel'

Saying that he'd rather starve than coach an Israeli team, Hassan Shehata, coach of the Egyptian national soccer team, rejected an interviewer's suggestion that he should consider coaching the Israeli national team.
“[E]ven if it was the only team that requests my services, I wouldn’t agree [to coach it],” Army Radio reported.

“It would be more honorable to me and my family if I die of hunger rather than consider coaching the Israeli team,” Shehata said.

...

“I understand the source of Israel’s jealousy as far as the success of the Egyptian team goes, but I cannot consider visiting Israel or coaching its team,” he said. “Even if it was the only team in the world and requested my services I would refuse – how could they think that I would come to coach the team of a country that murders children, women and the elderly, and help elevate the name of the team that represents occupation?”

“All my life I’ve heard that Israel kills Arabs, fires missiles and destroys Arab villages, but this is the first time in my life that I’ve heard that in Israel they play soccer,” he said.
Moron.

By the way, didn't I hear that the Egyptians lost to Algeria in the World Cup qualifier? Heh.

6 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"'All my life I’ve heard that Israel kills Arabs, fires missiles and destroys Arab villages, but this is the first time in my life that I’ve heard that in Israel they play soccer,' he said."

If Obama wants to help bring peace, he needs to address THIS. End incitement, end propaganda, TEACH peace.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Obumbler isn't bringing peace. Neither are the Egyptians themselves.

The best thing to keep the peace is a strong Israel; one that won't tolerate terrorists on or within its borders.

You want peace? "Jordan" is "Palestine"! Then we'll all have some peace around here.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Haha...yah Israel is really jealous of their numerous nobel prize winners and unparalleled contribution to society...oh wait...

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger What is "Occupation" said...

“It would be more honorable to me and my family if I die of hunger rather than consider coaching the Israeli team,” Shehata said.


Dear Shehata,

Please starve...

Yours Truly...

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

This is the true expression of the "peace" with Egypt: open hostility towards Israel. Not much to laud about there.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger David_77 said...

So what was it that Egyptians were doing back in the 1950s? Oh yeah, murdering Israeli civilians. What is it the Arabs have done repeatedly over the last 60 years? Oh yeah, FAIL at trying to commit genocide against Jews, although it definitely wasn't from lack of effort.

The pyramids and all are cool, but I will NEVER, EVER set foot in a land filled with a bunch of genocidal Nazi freakoes, i.e., Egypt. I don't want to ever give money to savages like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google