Powered by WebAds

Friday, December 18, 2009

Archives

Apparently the blog came back up around 5:30 am Israel time. Thanks to all of you who wrote to me and who wrote to Google (especially to Debbie Schlussel who actually knew whom to contact at Google's headquarters) to get the blog back up.

Curiously, about an hour before it came back online, I got an email from blogger telling me that my blog had been reviewed, had been found in violation of terms of service "NONE" and therefore they had removed the URL and the blog would no longer be accessible. Fortunately, I was asleep when that email came.

The scariest part in all this was that I discovered that they remove your URL completely (I thought that if this ever happened they would stop me from posting but leave the existing posts and I could just go elsewhere). After nearly four years of doing this, I have no archives! If anyone knows how to set this up so that it archives automatically each time I post something, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for all your support!

5 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

Carl - was that censorship? Its scary Google would take down your blog and years of hard work because someone in their headquarters decided what you post is politically incorrect.

You might want to get software like Debbie Schlussel does that allows you to blog without being accountable to Google or anyone else. You should be the only person responsible for the blog content. If you can't say what you think, there is no true freedom of expression online as there should be offline.

Yesterday as they say, was a "teachable moment."

Indeed

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Mr. Gerson said...

The blogs were probably spammed by reports that they are against the terms of service... but that is a guess.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Ashan said...

So glad to see you're back! Kudos to Debbie for her help. You might want to consider buying your domain and setting up your own site.

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was shocked that they could just take your blog down without contacting you first. that is a terrible system they have.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Akiva said...

Blogger - Settings - Basic - Export

Export your blog weekly as a backup. You can use the exported file to import elsewhere if necessary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google