Powered by WebAds

Thursday, December 17, 2009

'For me, France is the most anti-Semitic country'

Tundra Tabloids has an interview with Dr. Ami Cammarella, an Israeli-born French doctor (whose family has roots in France). Dr. Cammarella has recently become more aware of his Judaism - and of French anti-Semitism - and has decided to leave France. The interview is well-worth reading. Here's a small excerpt (Hat Tip: Atlas Shrugs).
Dr.Cammarella: Well the Gaza war is another wake up, what happened in Europe and what happened in France, the reaction was really strong. After that I was sure, absolutely sure that I had to leave France, because for me, France is the most anti-Semitic country in Europe . In particular during the Gaza war there were about 400 anti-Semitic attacks.

Three Synagogues were attacked with Molotov cocktails, about ten Jews were beaten (at least officially)*. I know of one guy, not personally, who was from Paris and he was beaten by ten Arabs in January of this year, in particular his nose was broken and he spent three days in the hospital...and that just because he was a Jew!

He was interviewed by YNET, an Israeli internet website, in which he stated that there is no longer a place for Jews in France and prepared for his immigrating to Israel. I don't know if he has left already or not. All my friends, my Jewish friends didn't want to believe what they saw, they said, "well that's the way it is, Jews being beaten because they are Jews, that's the history of the Jews through the centuries, no? It doesn't happen every day, and it's not Auschwitz so, you have to live with it." It's no problem if you hide your identity, to take off very quickly your kippa, immediately when you go out from the synagogue .

And why I wish to leave France, to answer your question , it has to do with the politics. In France they are very against Israel in the news, and for me, these very anti-Zionist positions are only anti-Semitic positions. Now since the birth of Israel, it's a new way of being anti-Semitic and very politically correct. I you are anti-Israel then you are for the poor Palestinians who are said to be very oppressed by the very bad Israeli people. So that's really what I feel with politics in Europe, and with France in particular. I can't stand anymore all this almost daily propaganda .

My grandmother was killed because of French people who gave her away to the Nazis. And today I can't stand to see Synagogues being attacked with Molotov cocktails and to listen to them say bad things about Israel and the Jews. 400 anti-Semitic attacks in France, like the one guy beaten up by ten Arabs just because he was a Jew, I can't take that any more. It's indefensible. That's my position of why I'm leaving France.
Read the whole thing.

I was last in Paris in November 2005 (for a business meeting), shortly before Ilan Halimi was kidnapped and murdered. The hatred for Jews in the streets was palpable. There had already been problems with 'youths' rioting and I was warned not to travel from the airport to Paris by subway. There was a demonstration on the Champs Elysees that Saturday night - I don't recall why but it had something to do with Israel. In the end, I avoided the subway altogether, unlike a vacation Mrs. Carl and I took to Paris in January 1998. I was only there from early Friday morning until Sunday afternoon.

My children's classes in school each have several immigrants from France who have arrived in the last few years. It's unfortunate that a sense of danger is the only thing that can convince many people that they belong in Israel.

2 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

Muslim immigration has changed France and the Muslims hate the Jews far more than the native French do. Its time for French Jews to come home to Israel.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I doubt that this will stop American Jewish liberals from visiting France far more often than they visit Israel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google