Powered by WebAds

Friday, November 13, 2009

Overnight music video

The timing of this trip was designed to allow me to attend a wedding in the New York area on Sunday. I was actually supposed to go to New York Thursday night, but that's been put off to Friday morning.

One of the things that has come into style with this generation is that the bride makes the poor groom sing all or part of Eshet Chayil in front of the wedding guests. Eshet Chayil is the final chapter of Mishlei (Proverbs) and after the wedding the husband only has to sing it before dinner every Friday night. It's really about the Torah, but the plain meaning is about the lady of the household, hence its applicability to weddings. I watched one video of some poor guy singing it at his wedding and decided to leave it to the professionals. This one is Ohad Moskovits, Mendi Jerufi, Amiran Dvir and Yishai Lapidot.

Racheli, if you are watching this (and I know you read my blog), unless he can REALLY sing, you are NOT to get any ideas.

Let's go to the videotape.



Thankfully, in my generation, the groom never had to sing. I would have been in big trouble....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google