Powered by WebAds

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Obama's moral equivalence of the day

President Obama visited Cape Coast in Ghana on Saturday. Cape Coast (pictured) is a "massive, 17th century edifice here that became a major transit point for the Atlantic slave trade, from what was then the Gold Coast."

While there, President Obama made the following moral equivalence (Hat Tip: NY Nana).
President Barack Obama unveiled a plaque commemorating the visit, and then compared his visit to the slave fort to last month’s tour of the Buchenwald concentration camp in Germany — both reminders, he said, “of the capacity of human beings to do great evil.”
Huh? I am not backing the slave trade by any means, but if Cape Coast was truly equivalent to Buchenwald, those people would never have been boarded on the boats: They would have been systematically slaughtered on the spot.

Obama continues to cheapen the Holocaust by comparing it to every injustice he sees. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of it, as I am sure many of my readers are.

Over at Hot Air, my friend Captain Ed Morrissey has a feature that's called the Obamateurism of the day (and on Sunday's they vote for the Obamateurism of the week). I urge you to write Ed at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com and send this story in for Monday's feature.

UPDATE 3:49 PM

Here's video of Obama's remarks - the moral equivalence starts at the 0:10 mark and it goes downhill from there (he implicitly blames "the church" for slavery).

Let's go to the videotape.



Hope and change?

By the way, abolish slavery? He hasn't been to Arabia lately, has he? Or for that matter California.

3 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger ptpine said...

Are there any genealogists with free time out there? I was listing to President Obama's Ghana slave prison speech and it got me thinking. The African slave trade was driven by the support of "well-to-do" Africans. BHO's family is of the well-to-do African, Arab, Muslim variety. I would think that there's a strong likelihood that the Obama family tree includes those that profited from this business venture. If this was found to be true, I'd like to hear Obama apologize for this.
How easily would he place the blame of his family's past on the US?
Could a slave trader descendant win the Black vote in this country?
So many questions.
Just wondering????

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Carl,

When I heard it on the local all-news radio station, I hoped that I misheard. It took some doing, but I did find it in print. It was not even mentioned on the news on TV.

I am even angrier today than I was yesterday, as still no mention. What he said was despicable, at the very least, and since he actually had seen Buchenwald, there was not even the faintest chance that he was blowing it out his ear, or that his Teleprompter had been sabotaged.

Maybe now the Jews who voted for him realize just what they did? Personally? I am not all that sure.

That he is an enemy of the Jews and especially of Israel? That I do not doubt, but we knew it before the election.

Thanks for the hat tip....I am going to send this to Captain Ed.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

Slavery. Carl - you should pop the DVD "Human Trafficking" into your player. Kidnapping and slavery and the trade in the misery and suffering of women and children around the planet continues to this very day. Its naive to say its disappeared in our century. Evil is still very much alive and flourishing in this world and Obama thinks there is no need to fight it any more.

He's wrong there.

Hopenchange, any one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google