Powered by WebAds

Friday, December 12, 2008

An interview with Moshe Holtzberg's nanny

This is an interview with Sandra Samuel, who is the Indian nanny of Moshe Holtzberg, the 2-year old boy whose parents - Rabbi Gavriel and Rivka Holtzberg - were murdered in Mumbai last month.

At 11:00 am, while hiding from the terrorists, Sandra Samuel, the now-famous hero nanny, says she heard a familiar voice. "Suddenly, I heard Moishie crying. He was crying 'Sandra! Sandra!' I couldn't believe it! I did not think about what I was doing. I opened the door and run upstairs to him. I saw him standing next to his mother and crying." She recalls in an interview with 'Ba'kehilah' newspaper. "His father was lying there as well, and I am sure that he was alive at the time."

Let's go to the videotape.



By the way, I should probably tell you all that I am in Boston, and therefore I may post things today after the Sabbath starts in Jerusalem.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger PM said...

I know you are in boston :) but you are falling into a sort of political correctness by telling peoples why u a 'practicing' jew is publishing on shabbat ....

Peace be with you, as well as guidance of G-d... as its not political correctness rather the stand for human dignity that we represent, at least i ;)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

When you read this, you understand how non-Jews who saved Jews during the Holocaust were said to have done the deed out of a fear of G-d. There was no reward in it for them. They saved a Jew because it was the right thing to do. It is because of the merit of the righteous like them that the world still exists.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

PM,

I just don't want people to think I would post on Shabbat. I won't.

I have seen another blog where the blogger writes in big letters on his home page that he doesn't post on Shabbat. And I've seen (because I'm usually seven hours ahead of him) him post on Shabbat and chag. And when I called him on it, he basically told me it was none of my business.

I want to make it clear to anyone who reads this blog that no event will ever force me to post on Shabbat.

Okay?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google