Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

McCain: Obama running for Carter's second term

Back in January, I may have been one of the first to brand Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Hussein Obama the "Black Jimmy Carter." Now, Republican Presidential candidate John McCain has said it. In response to a question from Fox News about how McCain responds to Obama's claim that McCain would be a third term of George W. Bush, McCain says that Obama would be a second term of Carter. (Sorry, I could not get the video to embed properly, but go watch it)!

I really like the comparison with Carter as a talking point. Many Americans are outraged with Carter's traitorous behavior since leaving office. Many Jews and Israelis look at Carter as our nemesis. If I were McCain, I would keep pushing the Obama-Carter comparison.

UPDATE 3:04 AM

Apparently McCain has decided to push it, because it appears in an interview with MSNBC to be shown later tonight.
Williams: Is it going to be tough to run with an incumbent party for the White House, given this economic backdrop?

McCain: I-- I think it's-- it's tough. But I think the American didn't, people didn't get to know me yesterday. They know me. They know that I have fought for restraining spending, which Senator Obama has been a big part of, with earmarking (UNINTEL) projects. They know that I have been a strong fiscal conservative, and they know I understand the challenges that they face.

They need a little break from-- from their gasoline taxes, and they -- and they know that -- we've got to get spending under control. And we've got to become independent of foreign oil. Sen. Obama says that I'm running for a Bush's third terms. It seems to me he's running for Jimmy Carter's second. (LAUGHTER)
I guess someone has done a survey and the American people are tired of Jimmy the Dhimmi.

2 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Blogger Thud said...

It's little things like that carter joke that make McCain not such a bad choice for conservatives.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Thud,

If you can convince Orde (one of my other regular commenters) of that, I'd be thrilled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google