Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Jew-hatred is alive and well at YouTube

Israel's Place reports on a video contest about Israel at YouTube that unleashed a vile torrent of obscene and anti-Semitic comments (Hat Tip: Zionist Youngster).
Less than 24 hours later, “Inspired by Israel” had some 700,000 hits on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uijjgU7PB8c) and 1,500 comments, making it a “favorite” according to the site’s lingo. That was what we had hoped for.

What we hadn’t anticipated was the hate. The vast majority of the comments, well over 1,000, were as anti-Israel as they come, and more filthy and anti-Semitic than anything I had seen before. This was not political polemic or passion, it was pure, unadulterated hate – and its purveyors were proud of the display.

“Kill all the Jews,” “Israel is a cancer” – those were the “nice” entries that can be repeated.

To increase the sense of having been invaded, our my.israel.org video competition website was hacked. Suddenly the titles were switched – from “My Israel Journey” to obscene hate-filled language about Israel and Jews. The first entry, my first shock when looking at the site, read “your security sucks and so does Israel.”

And finally, back on YouTube, videos with similar titles started popping up next to the original Asper Institute one. “Re: How Does Israel Inspire You?” had a masked man asking in a low, slow, threatening voice whether you have ever had – as he presumably has – your mouth filled with blood. Another, which I didn’t watch, showed a pile of excrement with a blue Jewish star superimposed.
Read it all.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

The Holocaust only gave Jews a temporary reprieve from anti-Semitism. Now its back as virulent and contemptible as ever.

Israel's existence never eliminated Jew hatred. It simply offered anti-Semites a different target. That's a reminder of the evil in human nature that persists for thousands of years. Its not easily defeated.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger nachtwache said...

I guess I'm naive, maybe I never had any bad experiences with any Jewish people, I wasn't raised with any racist or antisemitic teachings and my favourite relatives are part Jewish. My dad's sister married a Jewish man. He was a wonderful person and so was my aunt. I used to go to them on my summer holidays; I've visited them when going to Europe and am staying in touch with my cousins; so I don't get why there's such hatred for Jews.
Especially if one's a Christian, after all, Christ was a Jew; the first Christians were Jews and so were the apostles except for Luke.
I'm grateful that God will sort out this whole messy world one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google