Powered by WebAds

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Let's hope this is true: Rice says she doesn't want to be VP

All I can say about this story is that I hope it's true. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice says she does not want to run for Vice President on a ticket with John McCain.
Having long played down the idea that she might someday run for president, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Friday said she had no plans to serve as a vice president either.

There has been speculation that Republican presidential front-runner Sen. John McCain of Arizona might tap Rice as his running mate.

"I have always said that the one thing that I have not seen myself doing is running for elected office," Rice said at a news conference. "I didn't even run for high school president. It's sort of not in my genes."

While her comments were not a categorical refusal to run, Rice also said she had no expectation of playing a role in the campaign by speaking out for McCain or other candidates.

"We all take life a day at a time in terms of trying to get the job done," she said, saying she planned to concentrate on her work as secretary of state. "I don't expect in any way to be involved in this campaign."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google