Powered by WebAds

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Israeli Civil War Watch - Police break into Hebron home to evict residents

I'm sorry to have to headline it this way, but sitting in Jerusalem in front of my computer, it's hard to characterize it as anything else.

This morning at daybreak, IDF troops broke into Beit Shapira in Hevron to evict three large Jewish families and their supporters who came to be with them over the Sabbath. Thirteen soldiers and police were wounded last night in clashes with protestors and six protestors have also been wounded (protestors include people outside the building who were prevented from entering). The building's residents threw paint at the soldiers.

This is apparently still going on and I hope to have an update later this morning.

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Carl

I am so angry...Olmert? *spit*

How could he? And this will still not awaken the residents of the Tel Aviv coffee shops....

I know he sees Jerusalem as his next target...

I don't think I will get much sleep tonight..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google