Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Venzuela and Bolivia providing uranium to Iran

A word of explanation about this post. It was supposed to go up on Tuesday. I started writing it while I was sitting at Logan Airport in Boston. They started to call my flight and I decided to board the plane, thinking I would be able to continue using the airport WiFi from the plane as I have done in the past from planes at the gate. It didn't work.

Then I tried to finish it in London from British Airways' spanking new Terminal 5 (okay, not the first time I have been there). But although the WiFi showed I had a connection, I was not able to log in, so this post did not get finished.

I am now back in Israel.

**********************

Here we were worried all along about Russia, China and Europe supplying Iran with uranium. It seems we should have also looked at another source. Fox News reported on Monday that Venezuela and Bolivia have been providing uranium to Iran (Hat Tip: Gateway Pundit). The report is based on an Israeli government report.
Venezuela and Bolivia are supplying Iran with uranium for its nuclear program, according to a secret Israeli government report obtained Monday by The Associated Press.

The two South American countries are known to have close ties with Iran, but this is the first allegation that they are involved in the development of Iran's nuclear program, considered a strategic threat by Israel.

"There are reports that Venezuela supplies Iran with uranium for its nuclear program," the Foreign Ministry document states, referring to previous Israeli intelligence conclusions. It added, "Bolivia also supplies uranium to Iran."

The report concludes that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is trying to undermine the United States by supporting Iran.
I have to wonder why Chavez thinks this is undermining the United States. With Obama in power, it seems like a nuclear Iran has become an American (government) interest.

What could go wrong?

Gateway Pundit has lots more about this story here.

2 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Hutzpan said...

I'll tell you what can go wrong. After Iran develops the bomb, they will pass the technology to Bolivia, and then Bolivia will have nuclear weapons.

But I guess the big O doesn't care.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

Hutzpan, just like he didn't care about North Korea.

What could go wrong, indeed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google