Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

My competition in the Weblog contest slurs LGF as Nazis

My competition in the weblog contest has unfortunately decided to set new lows by slurring the good people of LGF as Nazis. Here's what he wrote:
Busy.

Back later.

Go 'way.

Oh, okay. Open thread!

...and go vote again. I'm not going to lose that phoney-baloney award to that other guy just because Little Green Goosesteppers is pimping for him. Honor, or something that smells like honor, is at stake here.

Remember: if I win, Oprah is going to buy you a car.

posted by tbogg at 10:19 AM
Goosesteppers is a reference to people who march in lock-step, a style of marching for which the Nazis were known.

My honor doesn't allow me to slur people whom I presume to be decent (even if I disagree with them) by calling them Nazis. I will gladly forfeit my honor in return for being known as a decent human being.

Our rabbis tell us that honor pursues those who flee it and flees those who pursue it. I'd rather lose this competition than stick a slur like that on someone who is not a Nazi.

And I'm proud to be a regular on LGF.

Please vote for Israel Matzav in the Best of the Top 251-500 Blogs category in the 2007 Weblog Awards contest once per day per computer. Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger YMedad said...

I can sympathize but as other armies use the goosestep or something close, I woulldn't let it disturb me. LGF is big enough to fight his own battles.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Daniel434 said...


Our rabbis tell us that honor pursues those who flee it and flees those who pursue it.


This is very wise! You are a great person, Carl and I am glad you did not lash out like you could have done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google