Powered by WebAds

Monday, April 23, 2007

Israeli Jews mourn and 'Israeli Arabs' celebrate Israel's war dead

Reports coming from northern Israel indicate that 'Israeli Arabs' celebrated by lighting off fireworks as the sirens sounded in memory of Israel's war dead this evening. As far as I am concerned, the celebrators ought to be dropped over the border into Lebanon so that they can see how their fellow Arabs treat them.
Sunday evening at 8 pm, memorial ceremonies started at the memorial site for fallen soldiers in Carmiel. During the ceremony, participants suddenly heard blasts of fireworks, apparently coming from nearby Arab communities.

"We're used to the calls of the muezzin five times a day, including at five in the morning, and we're even used to fireworks being shot off for occasions they celebrate when we're observing Yom Kippur, but to set off fireworks on a day like this is simply a provocation. Even if they don't observe Memorial Day, they must be really insensitive to ignore us and our pain in this manner," said one of the participants in the memorial ceremony.

A spokesperson for the Carmiel municipality, Laviya Fischer, said this incident "can't be defined as good neighborliness." She added that after Independence Day, Carmiel Mayor Adi Eldar planned to approach the local council heads in the neighboring communities to protest the insensitivity.
The issue isn't just 'insensitivity.' It's ungratefulness. It's the fact that these people would still like to throw all of the Jews into the Sea. Nothing has changed since 1948. And the sooner we wake up and realize it, the more effectively we will be able to deal with our fifth column.

3 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Carl:
I live in Karmiel, and this article does not really surprise me.
I think you are right, at the end:
And the sooner we wake up and realize it, the more effectively we will be able to deal with our fifth column.

Israeli Arabs don't necessarily have to love the State of Israel, but active disloyalty like this simply cannot be tolerated.

For what it's worth, I don't think it was every Arab village outside of town; from my apartment, on the edge of town, my wife and I could not see or hear any fireworks. Usually, we can...

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Just to add to my previous comment:
I have since heard it confirmed that there were fireworks in some of the Arab villages outside of town last night, and they did disrupt the Memorial Day ceremony.

I guess that last paragraph of my comment was wishful thinking. I hope they are called to account for it.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger JJ said...

I was thoroughly disgusted after reading this- I agree with you. Israeli Arabs receive a lot from this country- 2 minutes of silence doesn't seem like a lot to ask in return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google