Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Jewish construction worker murdered by 'Palestinian' co-worker who cut his rope

It took two weeks, but police now suspect that Jewish construction worker Netanel Arami HY"D (May God Avenge his blood) was murdered when a 'Palestinian' co-worker cut the rope from which he was suspended, sending him plunging 11 stories to his death.

This is from the original report from two weeks ago (the second link).
The few details known about the event so far, according to Walla! News, hint that Arami's fall may not have been accidental. Armi worked at the site along with fellow worker Liron Ovadiah in the hours before the fall, according to the daily, and was first noticed to have been missing after he did not show up for a planned ride home. One worker returned to the construction site to search for him and found him laying dead on the ground. 
Both Arami and Ovadiah were to close the vent caps of the security rooms spread along the length of the building, which is being built on Shraga Naftali Street. Due to the complexity in assembling the building's scaffolding, contractors have asked the workers to put up the structure using abseiling, or a form of rappelling along the outside of the building. 
For several hours they worked on the site, and were due to end at 5:00 pm. At that time, Arami - hanging from cables on the 11th floor via a harness - asked his employees to prepare for the end of the day and pack up.  
After the fall, and after he was was found lifeless on the ground, Arami's colleagues called an ambulance, but the Portable Intensive Care Unit at the scene pronounced him dead shortly thereafter.
The police now know a lot more. This is from the first link.
Police investigators think an Arab co-worker at the site cut the rope that Arami was connected to as he rapelled down the side of the building.
Arami, 27, owned a small rapelling business which he had been running for several years.
MK Moshe Feiglin (Likud), who visited the grieving Arami family shortly after Netanel's death, was convinced from the outset that he was murdered. “For five hours, Netanel lay crushed on the ground,” wrote. His mother learned of the accident from news site Ynet,” he wrote on Facebook. Netanel's co-worker “arrived there with the police. They went up to the roof and found the slashed rope, heard the Arabs laughing. A rapelling rope that has been cut looks completely different from one that was worn out. And there are two of them – one main rope and one for security.”
Feiglin hinted broadly that the gag order placed on details of the investigation was unjustified. “What is there to hide here except the wish to block, to cover the eyes of the public?”
There's much more: The police handling of this entire case was apparently grossly negligent. Read the whole thing

Labels: , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home