Powered by WebAds

Friday, August 01, 2014

Yes, we cease, they fire

That sure didn't take long. The 'cease fire' came into effect at 8:00 this morning, and by 10:00 Israeli troops in Rafah were under attack.
Heavy fighting has now broken out between Israel and Hamas in southern Gaza, according to Palestinian sources, who also claim that eight terrorists have been killed since 10:00 am. 
"Once again the terror organizations in Gaza flagrantly violating the ceasefire to which they committed themselves, this time to the US Secretary of State and the UN Secretary General," a statement from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said, without pointing to a specific incident.
JPost adds:
At least 25 people were killed in the Israeli shelling of southern Gaza, according to the Gaza Interior Ministry.

Palestinian news agency Ma'an also reported that three other people were shot by IDF sniper fire in the southern Gaza Strip.

An IDF spokesperson said she was looking into the incidents.

Around the same time, two Code Red sirens were heard in Eshkol Regional Council. Two rockets landed in an open area, reported Channel 10.

Israel Radio reported that over 15 rockets and mortars had been fired into Israel since the fighting resumed around 10 a.m., and that seven rockets had been successfully intercepted by Iron Dome.

It was not immediately clear whether the rocket fire or the alleged shelling came first.

Both the Israeli Foreign Ministry and an unnamed Israeli official from inside the Prime Minister's Office blamed Hamas for breaking the short-lived cease-fire.
'The Gaza Interior Ministry' means Hamas. I would not trust any 'statistics' issued by Hamas. Show me the evidence.

P.S. The picture is old - I think from Operation Cast Lead.

Labels: , , , ,


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home